Home education is a successful educational option for parents in Ohio and around the country.
Growing at a rate of approximately 8% per year, an estimated 2.0 million children, grades kindergarten through high school, were being home educated in the U.S. during mid-2010 according to a survey conducted by the National Home Education Research Institute.
Locally, over 70 families, representing 200+ students, are current members of KCCHSA.
- Today an estimated 2.0 million children are being taught at home by their parents.
- On average, homeschool students in grades 1-4 perform one grade level higher than their public and private school counterparts.
- By grade 8, the average homeschool student performs four grade levels above the national average.
- The number of families choosing to homeschool grows at an estimated annual rate of 7-15 percent.
- In a web poll taken by 989 respondents, 49% said religious conviction is the main reason they continue homeschooling; 15% positive social environment; 14% academic excellence; 12% specific needs of child; 5% curriculum choice; and 5% flexibility.
No longer accepting membership. We suggest your membership be placed in HSDLA for legal and educational support plus CHEO for local/state opportunities.